Frozen drink Mix
Online Booking -
Margarita Machine Rentals
The following is a detailed
guide for proper frozen drink machine operation. These simple
guidelines will allow you to sit back and enjoy the party.
For the purposes
of this document the machine referenced and pictured is a
Grindmaster 3311. Other models will vary slightly, but for the
most part this should serve as general frozen drink machine
Location of the machine - I know this may sound minor but it
could be the key to you having a successful event. While its
understood you want the machine to be in a convenient location here
are a few things to keep in mind:
- The machines needs to be plugged into a 20 amp dedicated circuit.
These machines draw 12 amps running and much more on a
compressor surge and if there is anything
else plugged into the circuit the machine will have issues
freezing or it could kick off the breaker.
- NO EXTENSION CORDS. Extension cards can and will
damage most machines and the customer would be liable for
damage. If that's not enough of a concern then consider
the fact that you may not have frozen drinks as a result of
using an extension cord.
- During the summer months putting the machine inside is better than outside - Obviously you are trying to
freeze something, so it's better to have it in a cooler
environment if possible.
If you do have it outside, it will need to be fully covered
overhead. All our machines are
insulated and will work outside during the summer months
however, they will take slightly longer to
Preparing the mix
- Follow the mixing instructions on the label of mix.
- Add Margarita Adventures mix.
- If alcohol is desired it should be added to the mixing jug
at this point. Suggested alcohol requirements can also be found on our recipes page
- Fill with water, if you are adding alcohol fill to a total
(all ingredients added) of 5 gallons. If non-alcohol fill
to total (all ingredients added) of 4 gallons.
- Secure the cap tightly to the mixing jug and shake
Filling the machine
- Remove the lid from the frozen drink machine and carefully
pour the contents of the mixing jug into the hopper. Don't
be concerned with minor spills you have 5 gallons.
- Replace the lid on the frozen drink machine and turn the
switch to the on position.
- Wait until the mix is fully frozen, you will be able to tell by looking
at it through the plate near the dispenser valve once it turns
cloudy it generally takes about another 20 minutes depending on
the outside temperature.
When to add more mix
- When the add mix light comes on add to the top of the
machine, fill to about 1 inch from the top. When mixing
container is empty mix up your next batch and poor it into
- If you have no more mix or your party is nearing its end,
just ignore the light and keep on partying.
The party is over now what?
- Please turn off and unplug the machine when the event has
ended. You can save it by turning the switch to clean/wash
then drain the mix into 1 gallon freezer bags for future use or
discard it. This can also be done in the morning. Leaving the machine running for an
extended period of time when it is very low or out of mix could
damage the machine.
- Do not attempt to clean
the machine as we will handle this after we pick it up.
This content is provided by Margarita Adventures,
linking to this page is allowed but any other copying of this
content is prohibited.